Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Many facilities decision-makers remain jaded by green products of the past. These early environmentally preferable options were often very costly and delivered questionable results. Because of this, scores of individuals were weary to fully embrace green product procurement.
Today, however, manufacturers are taking their years of research and development data and are implementing that expertise into green product formulations that outperform traditional chemicals at comparable costs with a reduced impact on building occupants and the environment.
Industry research shows that 72 percent of cleaning professionals prefer to clean with milder chemicals.
"Green cleaning is coming of age," opines Steve Ashkin, president of The Ashkin Group LLC.
As statistics show, 70 percent of custodial professionals are interested in helping their company or organization go green.
Included in some product literature are steps that can be taken to ensure the success of your green cleaning initiative, including which chemicals and equipment will best suit your daily operations.
Green products must work well, use resources efficiently and not put human health or that of the environment at risk during or after use.
If a supposed green product does not meet this basic criteria, its level of greenness should be questioned.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that people spend up to 90 percent of their time indoors.
As such, it is increasingly important that we clean our indoor environments with less toxic alternatives — notably those containing little or no volatile organic compounds (VOC) — that will not harm those occupying the buildings we clean and maintain.
Poor indoor air quality can hamper employee productivity and, according to the EPA, cost businesses "tens of billions of dollars per year."
Seeing The Difference
Going green is not only the proper thing to do from an environmental standpoint; it can be a financial boon, too.
Green cleaning — or using cleaning products and methods that focus on natural ingredients — is in the best interests of businesses, tenants and cleaning professionals. By using products with naturally derived ingredients, businesses can attract new customers and reap the rewards of having more satisfied tenants and employees, which contributes to a healthy bottom line.
According to a February 2009 Vatoca Partners survey, 7 out of 10 consumers prefer to patronize a business that demonstrates a commitment to the environment.
Because of its very nature, a green cleaning program will help reduce operational costs through improved efficiency and reduced product usage.
Overall, a green cleaning program can empower your facility, company or organization to reduce its carbon footprint while making for cleaner, healthier and happier indoor environments.
EATOILS™ Products Are All Certified Green
EATOILS™ Products are GREENER-CHOICE™ APPROVED GREEN and are proven to outperform traditional chemicals. If you are looking for cleaning and treatment products that are highly effective and safe for you and your family give us a call toll free at 866 621 8244 Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time and we'll be pleased to help you. Our website is http://www.eatoils.com where you can find many helpful answers to your product and application questions together with testimonials and actual case histories.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Springtime offers restaurant operators and food service facility managers the opportunity to wipe away winter grime, prepare for summer traffic and perform essential deep cleaning tasks to revive floors and other hard surfaces.
Restaurant owners and operators can complete eight effective cleaning tasks to ensure they make a favorable first impression with travelers and summer guests.
EATOILS™ recommends restaurants complete the following spring cleaning checklist to prepare for summer:
1. Deep clean carpets in dining areas with EATOILS™ SUPER CARPET-FRESH™. While daily vacuuming and spot removal is an essential component to keeping carpets in optimal condition, regular deep cleaning of carpets removes food, dirt and debris that cannot otherwise be extracted. Hot-water extraction carpet cleaning systems using EATOILS™ SUPER CARPET-FRESH™ will remove residue left behind by other cleaning systems and reduce the amount of downtime required.
2. Restore grout lines with EATOILS™ SUPER FLOOR DEGREASER™ or SUPERFRESH™. With tiled hard floor surfaces, grout lines often harbor greases, oils, bacteria and dirt, causing them to discolor and darken. This is particularly evident in busy kitchen areas and entryway areas. Regularly deep cleaning and restoring grout lines will limit the amount of dirt that accumulates and keep grout lines looking their original color.
3. Steam clean tiled floor surfaces with EATOILS™ SUPERFRESH™. A high-pressure steam cleaning system effectively removes dirt and soil from tile and other hard surface substrates. SUPERFRESH™ will deep clean into the pores of all surfaces to remove microscopic residue. This is a great advantage for hard surfaces where leftover chemical residue can leave unsightly marks.
4. Give restrooms a facelift with EATOILS™ SUPERFRESH™ . Restrooms can suffer from winter wear. Dirt and organic material can build up on floors, fixtures and common touch points throughout the restroom. Using a high-pressure, chemical injection washer together with SUPERFRESH™, you can thoroughly deep clean all restroom surfaces, including walls, floors, commodes, light fixtures and soap and towel dispensers. This removes grime and buildup, restoring floors to like new condition.
5. Roll out the mats. With spring rain showers on their way, now is the ideal time to review the current matting program and make sure mats adequately cover entryways and other high-traffic areas in the facility. Mats not only help reduce the risk of slips and falls, but they can also help improve worker productivity, build the restaurant brand, limit wear patterns and prevent dirt from entering the restaurant. A proper matting program will also integrate regular laundering and deep cleaning for maximum effectiveness. If you own your mats you can deep clean and deodorize them with EATOILS™ SUPERFRESH™ - it even helps to remove salt stains!
6. If you are not currently using EATOILS™ GREENER-CHOICE™ APPROVED GREEN cleaning products you will need to implement a mop cleaning program. Mop heads are often breeding grounds for dirt and bacteria, especially when you use harsh chemical cleaners. Implementing a mop cleaning program can make sure that the task of cleaning mops is not overlooked. Dry and wet mops should be cleaned at least once a week, if not more frequently. This helps ensure that mops contribute to a clean rather than dirty floor. Regular daily use of EATOILS™ products will extend the life of mopheads and cleaning cloths and keep your equipment smelling fresh and clean - most odors that build up on cleaning mops and cloths are due to the chemicals used. EATOILS™ SUPERFRESH™ is an ideal cleaning/deodorizing solution for all types of surfaces.
7. Set up a maintenance schedule for your drains with EATOILS™ SUPERFLOW™ . Whether located in kitchen areas, restrooms or in the front of the facility, drain lines can harbor potentially harmful bacteria or food sources for familiar summer insects such as gnats and fruit flies. Perform regular drain line maintenance to reduce soil buildup and thoroughly clean drains. Weekly use of SUPERFLOW™ will help to keep your drain lines running clear and insect and odor free.
8. Deep clean every hidden and hard to reach surface with EATOILS™ SUPERFRESH™ and then SANITIZE every surface with a dependable anti-microbial sanitizer. While food preparation and cooking areas receive regular attention, spring is a good time to clean all of those untouched areas throughout a restaurant, including the tops of refrigerators, behind fryers and underneath cupboards.
“Common winter products such as ice melter and sand can ruin hard and soft floor surfaces, eroding floor finish and deteriorating carpet fibers,” said Charles Robinson, National Sales Manager, WorldWare Enterprises Ltd., Manufacturer of EATOILS™ Products. “Without a proper and regular deep cleaning and maintenance program, common surfaces throughout the facility can suffer long-term damage resulting in unexpected costs.”
Once you have 'spruced up' your facility, it's time to revise your regular daily cleaning to incorporate EATOILS™ Green Deep Cleaning products into your regular routine. Green Deep Cleaning involves a two step cleaning regimen - cleaning and sanitizing. Sanitizers do not deep clean and deep cleaning products do not sanitize. Here's how you do it: Deep clean every surface with EATOILS™ SUPERFRESH™ at the end of every day's production - this give the active microbes in EATOILS™ products the time they need to penetrate deep into cracks and crevices to remove all organic matter - and then sanitize every surface with a dependable anti-microbial sanitizer before you begin food prep every morning. Continue to sanitize throughout the day to keep germs and other contamination at bay.
If you are ready to try one of these products in a sample size we can take you directly to our shopping cart where you can buy a concentrate sample that will make 2 gallons of cleaner just click here
EATOILS™ Products are available from local distributors across the country and around the world or online through our safe and secure shopping cart system. For more information about these products or to arrange to purchase them you can come to our website or call our office toll free Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern time at 866 621 8244.